On the job hunt?
Davidson College is looking for a new Assistant Director for Davidson Outdoors, the school’s extra-curricular outdoor recreation program. They want experienced candidates who possess strong technical skills, field experience, and who are ready to help build a more inclusive and diverse community on campus. Additional info about DO here:
This position will be involved in managing all aspects of the DO program including:
- The summer Odyssey pre-orientation program
- Initial training, supervision and evaluation of up to 60 student leaders and 12 student employees
- Delivery of advanced leader trainings, including rock climbing, paddling skills, backcountry travel, mountain biking, and caving
- Actual leadership of wilderness trips and local programming during the school year
- Management of the Challenge Course including facilitator training and scheduling, and booking groups
Master’s degree in higher education administration, student development, or similar
Three or more years of professional experience working in a leadership role in a wilderness environment
Experience in student counseling or student development in a liberal arts institution
Outdoor recreation program management experience
Instructional experience with Outward Bound, NOLS or other major program
PCIA Base Managed or AMGA Single Pitch instructor certification
Wilderness First Responder certification or ability to obtain this after hiring
Apply online at http://employment.davidson.